Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dyslexia Untied: ADHD / Dyspraxia research

Olive Hickmott: ADHD / Dyspraxia research

I have developed a New Perspectives model for Dyspraxia and ADHD. At a recent Dyspraxia conference of parents and teachers this really resonated with all the delegates I met.

The model brings together my work on literacy and numeracy and adds energetic skills for helping youngsters ground and clearing energy blocks, through EnergeticNLP, that I have been using for the 3 years for people with chronic health conditions.

The results are extraordinary and offer a really new opportunity for these youngsters. Clearing blocked energy helps youngsters and parents alike let go of negative emotions. Recently a mum improved her own 'tennis elbow' whilst helping her daughter and a boy cleared a block that was causing double vision. This work is simply done through stories.

There is a huge overlap in diagnoses for learning difficulties, e.g. 52% of those with Dyspraxia also have Dyslexia and it is now clear exactly why this happens. If you have a youngster who is no doubt very bright and effected by Dyspraxia do book up an appointment or come to one of my training events. I am including dyspraxia in the expert programme and my health coaching events.

I am speaking at the NLP conference in November on Chronic Fatigue, including how some of the same symptoms are seen in Dyspraxia.

Parents who find themselves exhausted might like to look at www.recoveryourenergy.co.uk. A simple way to learn where your energy is going and how to recover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment